The Bloomer Fire Department of Bloomer, Wisconsin, is a paid-on-call department with a roster of 30 members including Chief, an Assistant Chief, one Captain and two Lieutenants.
Jared Zwiefelhofer is the current Fire Chief.
Phone number and e-mail address below:
Fire Hall: (715) 568-4646
The department's equipment consists of the following:
- One first line engine; a 1992 Pierce Lance with command cab, a 1500 GPM pump and a 1,000 gallon tank.
- Two reserve engines; both General Safety on Ford chassis; one with a 1,000 GPM pump and a 500 gallon tank, and one with a 500 GPM pump and a 500 gallon tank.
- Two water tankers; one 5,000 gallon and one 2,500 gallon.
- One 1997 Ford pick-up brush truck with a 200 gallon tank and a 100 GPM pump.
- One squad/equipment van.
- One air/equipment van with a four bottle air cascade system for refilling SCBA tanks.
- One 750 GPM portable pump with engine mounted on a trailer, used for drafting water from lakes or streams in the rural area.
The area served and protected includes the City of Bloomer, three full Townships plus 1/3 of two other Townships. Total population of the area is approximately 6,500 and the total area served is 132 square miles. The department also participates in a county wide Mutual Aid agreement with twelve other fire departments.
|Chief Jared Zwiefelhofer||Fire Chief||715-568-5924|